Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Replace a Tenkara Lilian Rod Tip

Lilian is the name of the hollow braided string which is attached to the end of a Tenkara rod. The lilian is used to connect to the Tenkara fly line to the Tenkara rod.

The lilian is hollow, and is designed to slip over the end of the Tenkara rod tip.


Apply a thin layer of epoxy to the tip area of the Tenkara rod. The epoxy will serve both as an adhesive as well as a lubricant to aid in slipping the hollow lilian over the rod tip. I have found that using a twisting motion helps to seat the lilian over the Tenkara rod tip.

All that is left to do is to clean up any excess epoxy which was push out when seating the lilian,
and of coure, be sure to let the epoxy thoroughly cure before using the Tenkara rod.

4 comments:

  1. Hi. Do you know where can i get a lilian? i lost mine.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also in need of a lillian. What is the material and where can I buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm building my first Tenkara rod and using lead core Dacron braid with the lead removed for my lillian.

    ReplyDelete